Social Media Manager Trainee
Come Live the Dream With Us
Location: Austin, TX
Industry: Internet Marketing
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Update on January 28/2014: This position has been filled but we hire frequently. We recommend:
- We announce new positions on our Facebook page first. Please like us there to be notified of available opportunities.
TastyPlacement is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our growing staff. The job is located at our main office in the uber-cool 78704 zip code. We are seeking a trainee to assist our team with SEO and web marketing efforts specifically in the social media ecosystem of Facebook, linkedin, twitter, foursquare, etc. on behalf of our local and national business clients — but we need someone who can learn fast and quickly grow into higher wages and more responsibility. This is a great opportunity for anyone enthusiastic about working in this fast-paced, fun, high-growth, technology-based industry. The position is entry-level and we will initially be interviewing candidates at a pay of $12 per hour but move up very quickly if you work out. We offer fairly decent Blue Cross health care. You’ll learn plenty working with TastyPlacement.
- Create and manage social media properties and presences on behalf of our clients
- Stay engaged with customers, both existing and new, in the social space
- Research, secure, and write engaging posts and content within the social space
- Epic social media skills
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of up-to-date culture and web trends
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Insanely Great English
- Intimate knowledge of social media; experience goofing around on Facebook is a plus!
- Familiarity working in Google Docs
- Functional knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Not particularly necessary here. We are looking for social media experience, not job experience. An internship or prior job in social might help.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please, no phone calls, and please follow these instructions: This is not a remote positions (hint: India, although we love its nation and its people, is remote, it’s very far from our office). Send your resume by email to jobs[at]tastyplacement.com and include links to your social media profile–we want to know you better and also know how adept you are at social media, which is a part of any digital marketing job.
Date posted: 2012-11/9